Terms and Conditions
This website is owned and operated by the Royal Choral Society.
The Royal Choral Society is a registered charity, registration number 2162383 and the registered address is Royal Choral Society, Studio 9, 92 Lots Road, London SW10 0QD.
Please read these Terms carefully before you start to use our Site. By accessing or using our Site, you agree to the terms set forth in these Terms and to comply with them at all times. The Royal Choral Society retains the right, at its discretion, to change any of these Terms in the future and it is your responsibility to refer to and comply with these Terms when accessing our Site. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms may also be superseded by provision or notices published elsewhere on our Site. Your continued use of our Site constitutes your agreement to all of these Terms as revised from time to time. Our Site may be used only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of our Site by, any third party. If these Terms are not accepted by you in full, you must immediately terminate your use of our Site.
Visitors to this web site are referred to as “You” or “Your”
The Royal Choral Society is referred to as “Us” or “We” or ‘Our’.
The Royal Choral Society strives to present accurate, up-to-date information on this website. However, we can accept no liability for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused in the event that information provided here contains errors.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on Your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who You are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value.
The Royal Choral Society uses a single persistent cookie, to identify if a person has previously viewed the ‘join newsletter’ page. The brower on Your computer checks for the presence of this cookie when the page loads, and the website customises the content if it is not found. We cannot identify You personally in this way. Persistent Cookies remain in the cookie file of Your browser for the lifetime of the specific cookie, or until deleted by the user.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in Your browser. However, You may not be able to use all the interactive features of Our site if cookies are disabled.
The Royal Choral Society website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate your use of the website and compile reports for us on activity on the website.
Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using the Royal Choral Society website you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
2. Privacy Pledge
We take Your privacy very seriously and are committed too providing users with an Internet experience that respects Your privacy.
3. Spam Attack
The EU Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications demands that member states do more to combat spam. The UK law tries to create a system that lets legitimate businesses send direct e-mail to users but attempts to stop the scammers and spammers.
We only send emails to addresses that have been supplied directly to Us by visitors and We always remove addresses from Our address book when requested to do so by those customers.
We never spam.
4. Data Protection
We are governed by the Data Protection Act 1998.
5. Access to Our Website
We will do Our utmost to ensure that availability of the website will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the Internet, this cannot be guaranteed.
Your access to the website may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction.
6. Licence for Website Access
We grant You a limited licence to access and make personal use of this website, but not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent from Us.
This licence does not include any resale or commercial use of this website or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of this website or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without Our express written consent.
7. Your Conduct
You must not use the website in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way. You must use the website for lawful purposes only and must not use the website for any of the following:
- Fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity
- To send, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing
- In breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right
- To cause injury to third parties
- Objectionable comments
- Any material/data which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mailings or any “spam”.
All content included on the website, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, and images belong to Us, and are protected by United Kingdom and international copyright laws.
Our graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names may not be used in connection with any product service without Our written authorisation.
If you wish to reproduce images used on this site, you must obtain permission from the Royal Choral Society and the credited photographer.
9. Links to other websites
We are not responsible for the content of any other website, including any website through which you may have gained access to our Site or to which you may gain access from our Site. We do not accept any liability in connection with any such Sites or links. Where our Site contains links to other Sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those Sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
10. Linking to our Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our Site must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with these Terms.
If you wish to make any use of material on our Site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
11. Events Beyond Our Reasonable Control
We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with Our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond Our reasonable control. This condition does not affect Your statutory rights.
If You breach these conditions and We take no action, We will still be entitled to use Our rights and remedies in any other situation where You breach these conditions.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
14. Statutory Rights
These conditions in no way affect Your statutory rights.
Our Site contains various competitions and other features that are each governed by additional rules. Please read those rules, posted or linked at each feature, before participating in them, as they form part of these Terms.
General Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter our prize draws.
2. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
3. Entries must be received before midnight GMT of the closing date. The Royal Choral Society is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information.
4. The Royal Choral Society will not accept responsibility for late or lost entries or for any misdirected, delayed or destroyed entries. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
5. The prize draw is open to all residents in the UK and Ireland except representatives of the Royal Choral Society or anyone professionally connected with the prize draw.
6. Entries received from outside of the UK and Ireland, as well as those containing incomplete entry details are automatically exempt from participation.
7. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. The Royal Choral Society reserves the right to alter the prize without notice to an alternative prize of the same or higher value where necessary to do so.
8. The Royal Choral Society reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize although every effort will be made to provide a prize of similar quality and value.
9. The winner will be drawn independently and at random from the eligible list of entrants to the prize draw.
10. The winner will be notified by email within 4 weeks of the closing date.
11. The winner may be required to take part in publicity accompanying or resulting from a prize draw. The winner agrees to have their first name and town of origin published on the Royal Choral Society Site. Details of the winner of a prize draw will be detailed on the Royal Choral Society Site within 7 days of the draw date.
12. To obtain the name of the winner please write to The Royal Choral Society, Studio 9, 92 Lots Road, London SW10 0QD. Please give the title of the competition and send a stamped addressed envelope. No entries should be sent to this address.
14. The Royal Choral Society’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The Royal Choral Society reserves the right to vary, replace or withdraw the prize draw at any time. The Royal Choral Society reserves the right to hold void, cancel or suspend the prize draw where it becomes necessary to do so at any time.
16. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and by any other rules or requirements set out in any prize draw promotional material used by The Royal Choral Society.
Win Elijah Tickets
1. The closing date for entries is 31st May 2013. Winners will be formally notified (by email or post) within 7 days of the closing date. Full details of the prize will be given in writing upon notification. Where we notify a winner by email, we will ask for confirmation of receipt by reply email. If we do not receive a reply from the winner within 14 days, the Promoter may redraw the competition and select another winner.
2. This promotion is open to all UK residents, excluding representatives of the Royal Choral Society or anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
3. Entry to the prize draw is automatic once you have registered your name and email on www.royalchoralsociety.co.uk and confirmed your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Online entry only. One entry per person per valid email address via the website is permitted.
4. The Prize is 2 tickets to Elijah at the Barbican on 2 July 2013. Travel to/from the venue is not included.
5. The Prize is subject to availability with no cash or other alternatives available, except in the event of circumstances outside of its control, when the promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value.
6. In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute this prize with a reasonable alternative of an equal value. The prize-winner agrees that no liability shall be attached to The Royal Choral Society or parties connected to The Royal Choral Society as a result.
7. The prize-winner may be required to participate in publicity accompanying or resulting from this promotion.
8. The promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered or illegible entries.
9. To be eligible, correct entries must be received on or before the closing date of 31st May 2013. All entries shall become the property of The Royal Choral Society, and their directors, officers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies are not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed. Proof of sending emails is not proof of our receipt of your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Royal Choral Society on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Royal Choral Society reserve the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus or bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Royal Choral Society corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Royal Choral Society reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
10. By entering the competition, competitors agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material.
11. The Promoter’s decision is final.
12. In the event of any changes to participants’ telephone numbers or email addresses during the promotion, the Royal Choral Society is unable to retrieve and amend any existing entries to the new telephone number or email address.
13. We will keep your personal details for a reasonable time so that we can send you any prize that you have won, to verify that these rules have been complied with, and for accounting purposes. We will not give your details away to any other party, or use it for marketing purposes.
14. To obtain the name of the winner please write to The Royal Choral Society, Studio 9, 92 Lots Road, London SW10 0QD Please give the title of the competition and send a stamped addressed envelope. No entries should be sent to this address.
15. The competition/prize draw is governed by the law of England and Wales.
16. Promoter: The Royal Choral Society, Studio 9, 92 Lots Road, London SW10 0QD
If you have any concerns about the material that appears on our Site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for visiting our Site.